Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Weighing In

Can I just start by saying YAY to election day being over!!!!!  I am so tired of everyone being so hateful to eachother and I am looking forward to being able to read my Facebook news feed without wanting to erase my page altogether.  Not that I had huge political loyalties one way or the other, it is what it is, someone had to win, someone had to lose. Luckily Alabama beat LSU last weekend, so I think the state just might recover from last night.  National Championship titles are way more important anyways, right??

Yesterday was another glorious Wednesday, which means after I convinced myself that I am in for a long week this week so I really could use the extra sleep instead of 30 minutes with Jillian, I dragged myself out of bed and stepped on the scale expecting to see my new favorite number 225.4 (it still really hurts putting that out there).  Instead, I saw 223.4... WHAT WHAT?!?!?!  It's official, I am down 50 whopping pounds!!!  I felt amazing and that definitely took the edge off of having to work the next 4 nights!! 

So what was different about this week than the last 2??  Honestly, I'm not all that sure.  I didn't really do that much better.  I ran twice and managed to start the shred over... well I did it for one day and was soo sore the next 2 that I haven't mananged to fit it in since then, but I have no excuse today so it's on.  I did do quite a bit better with my eating.  I can only recall 1 meal that was truly "bad" and I have been tracking my calories every day.  I still need to be drinking more water, so I'll make that a priority goal.

So now that I have lost 50lbs, I have no clue how much further I have left to go.  When I was thin, I didn't weigh myself... why would I?   So I don't really have a goal weight.  If I go by BMI standards, I have 70 more to go.  To be completely honest, I think that is quite daunting, and I have always heard that the BMI scale really isn't the best indicator for "normal" weight.  My goal has been to get into size 10 jeans... now I'm thinking why not push it to an 8, but we shall see,  I am basically a solid 16 right now which is a far cry from the 22 I started in.

I will NEVER be this girl again!!

I am so proud of myself, I can't even explain it.  When I started this journey I knew that I had to lose the weight for countless reasons, but the reasons were no different than any other time I had tried and failed.  So there was always this little corner of self doubt in my mind telling me that I couldn't do it, but not anymore. I have done it and I am doing it!!  Most importantly, I am loving the changes I have made in my life.  Not only am I healthier, I am happier.  I feel confident when I get dressed now, and want to look nice rather than grabbing the closest pair of sweatpants.  I have even taken the time to learn new hairstyles and play with makeup.  When I first started c25k I could barely make it through 60 seconds of jogging and had to force myself to even do it for the first 2 weeks.  Now, I love my runs.  I get about an hour all to myself to enjoy my music, the outdoors, and my thoughts.  I push my body further than I ever knew I could and enjoy the feeling of my muscles working.  I can run 3.5 miles without stopping, which I never even considered possible.  I have run a 5k and LOVED it so much that I signed up for another one and plan on many more... maybe even a 10k or a half someday... woah, calm your tits, it'll be a while.

I want to give a huge thanks to Y'ALL!!  When I started this blog I really didn't expect much from it other than another attempt at journaling.  I mean, I thought it would be fun to have some followers, but I never expected the impact that it would make in my little life.  I have met some amazing new friends... and yes, I consider y'all my friends.  Your comments and encouragement make me smile and keep me motivated at times that all I want to do is order a large pan pizza from Dominos and chase it with a dozen smores.  I love keeping up with your daily lives, reading about your ups and downs, laughing and crying with you, and seeing pictures of your kids that restore my faith in reproduction.  So, thank you a million times over for following me and being a part of this journey with me. I can only hope that I help you in any small way in return for all you have done for me.

Now I just have to survive working 6 out of the next 7 nights and then I am off to my parents for a glorious week and an early Thanksgiving!!  Just keep swimming, just keep swimming! 



Have an amazing day, my loves!!

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on the 50 pound mark! You're doing great, keep it up!

    As far as the facebook/election thing. Oh jeeze! It's crazy! Some people are upset, some are happy, big deal, get over and make up and be friends again already. The fighting is absurd!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl we are all glad the election is over!
    AND WOOHOO you ROCK!!! Congrats on the 50lbs!! I knew you could do it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! That's a huge milestone! It's amazing how good something you used to hate can make you feel. Set another goal that isn't so daunting.

    I too am glad the election stuff is over!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome girl, I'm so proud of you!! I don't know what my final goal is either... I figure right now I'll just concentrate on continuing to lose and when I get closer, I'll worry about that final number or size.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so awesome, 50 pounds! You are such an inspiration. I can't wait to follow the rest of your journey. =)

    ReplyDelete