Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Monday, November 12, 2012

Motivational Monday

It's Monday again, which means back to work, even for me.  I hope everyone had a great weekend.  Mine was pretty uneventful.  I worked Friday night which means I slept all day on Saturday, only to find out that I had been placed "on call" for my overtime shift Saturday night so I got the pleasure of being attached to my phone all night just waiting for it to ring... which it never did.  Sunday was basically spent sleeping, catching up on my DVR, and PMS eating (yea, it was bad ).   Try not to be too jealous of my wild and crazy party girl ways.



On to the best part of Mondays... Motivational Mondays post!  What has got you guys working it this week?    I know that during PMS week I have to dig a little deeper to keep on track. It seems like for those few days of overwhelming crankiness all I want to do is eat and sleep my way to the end.... which I did yesterday, so it's time to move on.

Firstly, I finally hit that 50 lb mark last week and I want to keep it up.

Saturday night when I was on call, I decided to hit up Kohl's with my awesome 30% of my entire purchase coupon and some Kohl's cash.  I actually had fun looking for clothes.  I tried on lots of things, and mostly didn't feel terrible in them.  I was able to pick things because I liked them rather than just because it was all that fit, and not a single item came from the plus department (even if I was at the top end of the "regular" side).  Even more exciting... one of my tops is just a large... no extra.  I was pretty excited.   To top it all off, I got a great deal!  I got 2 pairs of skinny jeans and 4 tops for $73, which for me rocks!  I don't pride myself on being a great bargain hunter, I mean I love a good deal as much as the next person and always try to buy only when on sale, but I never seem to get those crazy amazing deals.
My sweet deals!  I can't wait to rock some of this stuff

So with my crazy nights at work recently, I haven't been hitting my workouts in the mornings before bed like I used to.  I also seem to take any reasons I can to skip a workout, and I'm not really sure why.  I enjoy my workouts, and I really love my runs so why am I passing them up so easily??  But this is a new day and a new week, and I am developing a new outlook.  So today I will start my 10k training plan again.  I know it will be hard with my work schedule, but I didn't sign on for easy.  I wanted to get a run in today, but since it's raining, I will stick to the schedule and use the shred as my strength training for the day.
I feel sorry today, and I don't like it one bit!  Tomorrow I choose sore!

Non fitness related motivation...  Thursday morning when I get off work I am headed home for about a week!  I can't wait to spend time with family and catch up with friends.  Friday is a big day for my family (read then to find out why)  so hopefully there will be some celebrating involved, and we are planning on an early Thanksgiving, so I will really have to keep my workouts in check!

Well, I guess I better get to it!  I have to workout and hit the grocery store so that I actually have some food to eat the next few days and then it's time to pack all before I hit the bed for my nap so I can get my work on tonight.  Luckily, it's a dreary and rainy day outside, so I should be able to get my sleep on!  Happy Monday, loves!!

4 comments:

  1. I love being able to buy clothes cause I like them and not because it's what fits.

    I decided to join you in your motivational monday! Check it out! http://mamas-losing-it.com

    Keep up with your runs this week, you'll be glad you did later!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to the big news! Have a great week at home, Jenn! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi lady! I feel AWFUL! I could have sworn I signed up to follow your blog when I got you as my blog swap pal but I didn't :( I suck. I'm sorry!!! No wonder your blog wasn't showing in my feed - IMMA RETARD!!! I hope you can forgive me! I have a lot of catching up to do!!!!

    P.S. I got my package in the mail today and can I just say..I LOVE YOU! Srsly. Like - do you want to be a sister wife (without all the bowchickawowwow stuff) becuase I love you? I can't wait to share it on my blog tomorrow!!!! :D

    Love the clothes you scored - and hey, any deal is better than no deal at all I say! You rocked it!

    Can't wait to hear about your family's big news and have fun on Thanksgiving!!!!!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those clothes and some awesome NSV's lady! Congrats on 50 lbs you rock!Love these motivational monday posts! I need to jump on it!

    ReplyDelete