Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Friday, December 28, 2012

Ugly Truths & Operation Red Bikini

Firstly, I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!!!  Overall, mine was amazing, aside from coming home to the 4 biggest piles of dog diarrhea that ever existed and my carpet still stinks.  I got to spend a whole week with my family.  We ran ourselves to the point of exhaustion, and then a little farther... it was a blast!  Sadly, Ryan and I did not merge our holidays this year like I had planned.  There was just so much to do in so little time, and we were both pretty selfish about giving up time.... so we just decided that instead of arguing or being grumpy we'd just go with our own families.  Ahh, the joys of living out of town and having funky work schedules. 

I got so many wonderful gifts, and I can't wait til I have more than a day off so that I can scrub my house and put them all in their place and play!  I'll spare you the less exciting stuff, but my favorites are my Chromebook, from my AMAZING husband to be, my yo-nanas machine from my parents, and my fancy smancy Kitchen Aid mixer from my grandparents.  I also got a Magic Bullet, all the seasons of Big Bang Theory and Gilmore Girls, and just lots of really great stuff!! I am a VERY blessed girl.

Now, on to the ugly truth of this post.  Short and not so sweet..... I've gained 6lbs since October.  I've made countless excuses and justifications for my laziness and poor eating, but the truth is just that.  I have been lazy and eating like shit.  NO MORE!!  I have worked too hard and have so much further to go to just give it all up.  As of yesterday, I am back!

THE PLAN:  I'm going back to where it all began, MFP and being more active in the social outlets that kept me going strong in the first 5 months of my journey.  I also will be jumping back into my running and reuniting with my best frenemy Jillian,  and am hoping to score a gym membership in the next couple months after I do some shopping around.  As far as eating goes, I plan to clean it up, once I go grocery shopping again and maybe even throw in some of those low carb challenges I am seeing so much of.  I'll be keeping accountable by posting food pics on Instagram and hopefully trying some new recipes to keep it fun.  And of course, I will be drinking water like like it is my JOB!

My biggest motivator is probably going to be the Operation Red Bikini challenge being hosted by Kassie and Leigh Ann, go HERE for details!  It is an amazing contest and there are going to be PRIZES!!  What is more fun than winning right?!?

My "red bikini" is to be a size 10 by May 31st.  I am currently wearing a 16, so it's going to be tough, but I know if I bust ass, I can make it happen!  I'll be keeping you posted on my progress here and on Instagram and maybe even on Keek.  I'll have some starting photos up next week and maybe even my before picture in case some of you have missed it.

Finally, a big HEY Y'ALL to all my new readers!!  I saw that I finally reached 50, which is about 50 more than I ever expected to have, so thank you, I am beyond flattered.  I promise to try and keep it fun for you guys.

I'm off to bed so I can partake in another night of my fun filled job!  Happy Friday, Hookers!  Since I have no pictures to entertain you, I will leave you with a video I saw over the holidays, and as a girl from the same town as Antione Dodson's Hide yo kids, Hide yo wife, I can show you this without feeling bad.  Enjoy


And if you aren't familiar with my hometown celebrity



4 comments:

  1. I'm right there with ya girl, I've gained back 10 but am back on track now... we can do this! Glad you had such a great Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am ready to get back on track with you! So glad you are also doing operation red bikini :) we all have to support each other! LOVE those videos, I just had "Hide yo kids, hide yo wives" stuck in my head the other day. Oh Antoine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jen! As you are on your journey towards operation red bikini, I would like to invite you to visit my blog for Weight Loss Wednesdays. If you have any good tips, tricks, or success you are also invited to guest post. :o) Esther Norine Designs

    ReplyDelete
  4. New reader here!! Can't wait to read more!! Im doing Operation Red Bikini as well and hopping on the Jillian bandwagon!!!


    http://mother227.blogspot.com/?m=1

    ReplyDelete